-- Canada Immigration Opportunities for Biologists and Related Scientists ~ Travel and Immigration 101

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Canada Immigration Opportunities for Biologists and Related Scientists

Canada has a large demand for biologists and other scientists; Those looking to emigrate can apply under the Canada immigration Federal Skilled Worker program. This skilled immigration program is for people in a range of different occupations including for biologists, zoologists, pharmacologists, and geneticists. If you have skills in occupations listed on the Priority Occupation List under the Canadian skilled worker visa category you will not need sponsorship by an employer.
Canada Immigration uses a Priority Occupation List which is a list of occupations deemed in demand by the Canadian Government; There is an ongoing national skills shortage in a number of areas. Skilled workers are people who are selected as permanent residents based on their points score and ability to become economically established in Canada.

Skilled workers who meet the visa program's requirements which includes the requirement that you have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience within the last ten years can apply for a visa under the Federal Skilled Worker program. Applicants also need to pass the official language proficiency test in order to apply.

If your occupation is listed on the Priority Occupation List, you are eligible for skilled migration to Canada without needing to have a job offer from a Canadian employer. In addition, processing times are quite quick; You may be able to gain entry to Canada within months of beginning the application process.

Here is a list of Biologist and some similar priority occupations that are in demand in Canada. If you come under one of these occupations and gain enough points under the skilled worker visa category you should be able to emigrate to Canada.
  • Biologist
  • Botanist
  • Geneticist
  • Marine biologist
  • Pharmacologist
  • Toxicologist
  • Zoologist
In order to qualify, applicants must have a bachelor's degree in biology or in a related discipline. A master's or doctoral degree in biology or a related discipline is required for employment as a research scientist in biology. Post-doctoral research experience is usually required before employment in academic departments or research institutions.

Once your application is submitted to Canadian Immigration and Citizenship, it will be processed according to the six selection factors in the skilled worker points grid, which are:
  • your education
  • your abilities in English and/or French
  • your work experience
  • your age
  • whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
  • your adaptability
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. If you don't meet the criteria to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you may qualify under another category.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys