Dine Philippines is a seminar series organized by Courage Asia that brings together the expert advice, trending concepts, and inspiring ideas that promote a healthier business atmosphere for the food industry. Set in key provincial venues, it is the largest gathering of its kind, reaching an audience of close to 10,000 stakeholders by each year.
This year, Dine Philippines will be held at Ozamiz City since it is also inline with the current foot traffic and tourism initiative of Ozamiz City. Also, the culinary flavors of Ozamiz has already been featured in national TV and magazine making more people in the food industry more curious about what the city can offer to the business atmosphere. That makes Ozamiz City ready for Dine Philippines.
Johann’s Cuisine 3.0 The Promenade located in Barangay Lam-An Hi-way is a proud host of the first and ever Dine Ozamiz from March 2-3, 2017 and you are invited to support a strong educational component with several seminars, cooking expedition and networking dinner. This 2 day celebration will feature a travel fair, hotel and restaurants, a job fair and a launch of the ultimate food fair, The OZAMIZLICIOUS.
ACTIVITY FOR MARCH 2, 2017
EVENT: CREATIVE LUNCH BOX COMPETITION - Make your Own Bento Box
When it comes to a packed lunch, the bento box is one of the most entertaining ways to send kids off to school. It may seems like it’s all kinds of crazy to spend so much time on a lunch, but as you can see from the following photos, the result is a work of art! At Dine Ozamiz, we will invite different stakeholders to create their own lunchbox masterpiece using San Miguel – Purefoods products & it’ll be super fun!
FIRST PHASE – STUDENTS
Open to all culinary and or HRM students
SECOND PHASE – MOMS
Open to all Moms
- With a minimum purchase of 500 worth of receipt from any San Miguel- Purefoods products, anyone can be a contestant
- Members can be only up to 3
- Dine Ozamiz will provide ingredients as well as additional tools that can be used for doing the decorations
- Theme: Let your imagination fly :). Can be anything really, it doesn't have to be Japanese either, rational, modern or whatever kind of style is fine as long as it's a meal in a box/container.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Food Balance: We'll not only look at how cute or pretty your bento is, but also if your bento is well balanced. Let's say, a bit of carb, meat, veggies, fruit, etc. instead of just rice with a cute nori face.
- Colour Balance: People would be more attracted to your bento (including us, judges) if your bento doesn't look too dull.
- Creativity: Impress us with your creativity
ACTIVITY FOR MARCH 3, 2017
- Trade Fair
- Food Fair
CHEF SHOWDOWN – using local ingredients
- Chef Bruce Lim
- Chef Dino Datu
- Chef Datu Pendatun
- Chef Jam Melchor
- Johann Dagandara
ACTIVITY FOR MARCH 4, 2017
- Trade Fair
- Food Fair
- Business to business
- The Promenade Open House
- Chef’s consultation